- Recipient of the inaugural Mary Rosedale Patient Advocacy Award from the International Society for ECT & Neurostimulation (ISEN).
- “Will I Ever Be the Same Again? Transforming the Face of Depression & Anxiety” Award-Winning Finalist in the Health: Psychology/Mental Health category, 2018 Best Book Awards sponsored by American Book Fest.
- Recipient of The College of New Jersey Alumni Leadership Humanitarian Award for exceptional public-spiritedness or concern for human welfare through philanthropic activities.
- Carol receives an Institute for Nursing 2016 EPIC Award, honoring a select group of “Exceptional People Impacting our Communities.”
- Carol receives the 2015 NAMI Mercer New Jersey PILLAR Award, which honors an individual who has made a consistent and significant contribution to achieving the organization’s mission through volunteerism, leadership, advocacy and/or charitable giving.
- Courageous Recovery, Inc. is accredited with non-profit designation 501 (c) 3.
- “Mental Health Recovery Boosters” Award-Winning Finalist: Self-Help Motivational category, USA Best Books 2013 Awards.
- Invited to become member of the International Society for ECT and Neurostimulation (ISEN) newly created Patient Advisory Committee (PAC).
- Nominated for a WEGO Health Activist Award which honors people who made a real difference in how we think about healthcare and living well.
- Recipient of the NAMI New Jersey Affiliate Leadership Recognition Award, which recognizes the efforts of mental health advocates who improve the lives of those affected by mental illness.
- NAMI Mercer Walk 2013 Top Team: “Carol’s Crusaders” were the top fundraising team.
- Invited to become Member of the Nursing Sub-Committee of the International Society for ECT and Neurostimulation (ISEN).
- “Will I Ever Be the Same Again?”, Finalist, Self-Help Category, 2011 Next Generation Indie Book Awards.
- “Will I Ever Be the Same Again?”, Award-Winning Finalist, Health:Psychology/Mental Health Category, “Best Books 2010’ Awards, sponsored by USA Book News.
- Invited by the American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA) to join their Consumer Advisory Panel (CAP), funded by the SAMHSA Recovery to Practice Grant. The panel advises the grant as well as other activities of the APNA involving psychiatric nursing practice.
- Victorious Woman Award – presented for positively affecting entire families, workplaces, and whole neighborhoods.
- Recipient of the Garden State Seeds of Hope Award presented by New Jersey Monthly Magazine. This award honors exceptional people who go to extraordinary lengths to help and give hope to others.