Communication is Key – Keep Others Informed
Communication is vital to having a successful team. Here are five important tips for keeping your team members informed about everything that is happening in your organization that affects them and their job.
- Establish a No Surprise Rule for yourself and others. Make withholding bad news the absolute worst violation of all.
- Don’t be an information-hoarding Power Broker. Ask each member of your team to identify the kind and amount of information that would help them be more successful…and make sure they get it.
- Regularly update your boss and colleagues on your activities and progress. That way, if anyone has a problem with where you are headed, you will find out before going too far down the wrong path.
- Choose an area and designate it as Information Central. Provide bulletin boards for displaying activities in progress, results, project status, production data, new products, and other general information.
- Provide Feedback. People need to know where they stand. Let employees know what is required of them. Tell them how they are doing individually. Tell them how they are doing as a team. Show them that you care.
There are no comments yet.
Leave a Reply